Fat Head Fish Sticks
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 eggs cage free
- 1 pound wild halibut (or other white fish) skinned and deboned
- 3 tablespoons ghee or refined coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Place macadamia nuts in a food processor bowl. Grind until nuts are finely chopped, but not to the consistency of flour or meal; mixture should remain coarse. If you over mix, the natural oils will emerge and the mixture will begin to clump. Once nuts are finely chopped, place them in a bowl.
- Mix coconut flour, onion powder and garlic powder in wide, shallow bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs thoroughly.
- Line bowls up: coconut flour mixture first, then egg, then macadamia nuts.
- Prepare two cookie sheets. Line one cookie sheet with parchment paper. Prepare a second sheet with layers of paper towels to place fish sticks on after cooking. The paper towels will absorb excess oil.
- Cut halibut into 2-inch strips. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Gently place fish sticks in coconut flour, lightly dusting on all sides.
- Next, dip fish sticks in egg, covering all sides.
- Finally, roll in ground macadamia nuts and place on cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- When all the fish sticks are prepared, heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, place fish sticks in skillet and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side. Turn, making sure to cook evenly on all sides. Turn again. Fish sticks should cook for approximately 1½ minutes to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Add more oil as necessary. The thinner the cut of fish, the faster they will cook.
- Remove fish sticks and place on cookie sheet with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Salt and pepper as desired.
___________________________ Check out our products of Omega 3's here. Most people don't get an adequate amount of Omega 3's in their diet and that is devastating for your heart and overall health. My favorite is our Omega-3 power squeeze, I love putting it into my shakes every morning! Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).