- 16 oz chocolate sugar free, dairy free (Lily's brand is good or Brain In Love bars)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peppermint oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a standard cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a sauce pan over low heat while constantly stirring (OR in a glass container in the microwave for about 1 minute) and stir to melt in any bits of unmelted chocolate until smooth.
- Remove from heat and fold in the cacao nibs, salt, peppermint oil, and vanilla.
- Poor the mixture on the parchment lined cookie sheet to create a thin layer. Use a rubber spatula to distribute the cacao nibs evenly.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer at least 15 minutes or until solid.
- Cut with a knife to create about 24 squares OR break into crunchy pieces with your hand. Keep pieces in a sealed container in the freezer until ready to eat (they will become very soft at room temperature).