- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic fresh, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (or 1/3 cup dried)
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup almond milk or 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lemon zested, reserve juice to squirt on the fish after it is cooked
- 1 teaspoon ghee (or macadamia nut oil or coconut oil)
- 4 4-ounce wild halibut fillets
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- pepper to taste (optional)
PREPARATION FOR CREAMY PESTO :
- In a food processor or blender, place walnuts, garlic, basil, and spinach and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add olive oil, milk, and lemon zest and blend. Set aside.
PREPARATION FOR FISH:
- Heat ghee or oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and sear halibut fillets on one side until a golden crust forms and the fish is done on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently turn the fish and cover to finish cooking through, about 2 minutes. The fish is ready when it starts to flake.
- While fish is cooking, in separate small saucepan, warm Creamy Pesto on medium-low heat and reserve until fish is cooked.
- Place a fillet on each plate, drizzle with lemon and spread the pesto on top (about 2 tablespoons per dish).