Cream Of Asparagus Soup
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 onion peeled and diced
- 1 leek chopped white and light green parts only (optional)
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or rice flour or any gluten-free flour dissolved in water
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable or bone broth
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon (or teaspoon dried)
- Cut off asparagus tips and reserve. Discard tough ends (the last two inches); chop remaining stems into 2-inch segments.
- In medium soup pot heat ghee or oil. Sauté onions, leeks, celery and asparagus stems (not tips) over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add arrowroot and stir until well blended. Stir continuously for about 1 minute more.
- Transfer vegetables and flour mixture to a blender. Add about 1 cup stock (enough to help mixture blend easily). Blend well and transfer back to pot.
- Add remaining stock to pot gradually, stirring out any lumps. Bring soup mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until the soup is smooth and thickened, about 30 to 40 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add coconut milk, if desired, for a creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add asparagus tips to soup and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add tarragon for flavor.
- Add meat or tofu if desired to make this a full meal!
- Serve warm.
___________________________ If you are feeling like you need something extra to fight anxiety and feel more calm and happy, you need to check out our Gaba health calming support supplements. I take this almost everyday and it helps me so much. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).