- 1/2 avocado pitted and peeled (or 1 banana)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 serving plant protein * (2 tbsp hemp seeds, 1 tbsp pea protein, 2 tbsp brown rice protein or other protein blend)
- 1 teaspoon raw sweetener of choice optional (raw coconut nectar, raw agave, raw honey, or 1-2 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate bits optional (sugar free, dairy free - Lily's brand is good)
- Blend all ingredients on high with ice and enjoy fresh after blending.
- Optional: garnish with sugar free and dairy free chocolate bits.
FUN SUPERFOOD VARIATIONS:
- Fresh mint leaves (2 tbsp) - fresh mint supports digestion
- Maca root (1 tsp) - adults only: maca root stimulates hormone production
- Spirulina (1 tsp) - spirulina is a green superfood that provides a rich source of oxygen for your blood
- Gogi berry powder (1 tsp) - gogi berries are high in anti-oxidants and boost the immune system
- Acai powder (1 tsp) - acai provides a quick boost of natural energy
- You can easily enjoy a meal in a cup as long as it includes the following important ingredients for a balanced meal: a healthy fat, protein, fiber and a variety of vitamins and minerals. A full serving should be between 16 oz and 24 oz to count as a meal.