Beets ‘N’ Sweets Nachos
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 cups cashews organic, raw (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1 bell pepper - orange (seeds removed, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups red beets large (peeled and sliced in thin rounds)
- 6 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 2 cups sweet potato large (peeled and sliced in thin rounds)
- 2 cups yams (peeled and sliced thin in rounds)
- 1 bunch green onions (about 1 cup finely diced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup chopped)
To Make “Nacho Cheese” Sauce:
- Soak the cashews at least 8 hours in cold water just to cover. Drain the water.
- Put the cashews in a high-powered blender and add about 1 cup fresh cold water. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. If you feel it is too thick, simply add more water a little at a time to create a runny cream consistency.
- Add the orange bell pepper, ancho chile, garlic powder, cumin, and lime juice to blend into a creamy “cheese” sauce.
- Hold in refrigerator up to a week or freeze for later.
To Make Crisps:
- Preheat oven to 375F (convection if possible).
- Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Toss the red beets with 2 tbsp macadamia nut oil and spread around one sheet pan.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and yams each with 2 tbsp macadamia nut oil and spread on the other two sheet pans.
- Roast about 10 minutes and check. You may find that having a cool sheet pan handy to place browned crisps on is helpful as they tend to cook at different rates and some may need a few extra minutes. Watch every couple of minutes until all the crisps are crunchy or lightly browned.
To Make Nachos:
- Warm the Nacho Cheese Sauce over low heat until bubbly. It will thicken quickly and you can easily thin it out a little with water.
- Place Crisps on a platter, drizzle with Nacho Cheese Sauce and garnish with Green Onions and Cilantro. Enjoy!
• Add Taco Seasoned Meat or chickpeas for protein. • Add chipotle pepper or minced jalapenos for heat. • Add avocado, diced tomatoes, and shredded greens for added health benefits. ___________________________ Beets have essential nutrients including Vitamin C. If you are looking for more Vitamin C, BrainMD has an incredible liquid supplement called "Neuro-C Vitamin C". I put this in my shake every single morning without fail. This product provides major antioxidant defense, vitamin C is crucial for circulation, immunity, skin quality, peak mental performance, and overall well-being. You can find more info about this supplement here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).