Healthy Apple Cinnamon Crisp
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 7 apples (medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup erythritol (optional)
- coconut oil non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (unsweetened)
- 6 dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel and chop apples - try using the slicer attachment on a food processor as a shortcut.
- Spray medium pan with cooking oil spray, then place apples in pan over medium heat. Apples will release fluid and begin to dehydrate after a couple of minutes. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and erythritol, if desired. Cook until apples are hot and soft, about 15 minutes. Don’t allow apples to dry out and burn.
- Remove apples from heat and pour into a 9 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Mix all topping ingredients in food processor until well blended and chunky.
- Remove crumble topping from food processor and sprinkle on top of the apples in baking dish. Bake the apple crisp for 15 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon small portions into dessert bowls. Serve warm or cold
Top with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream. ___________________________ If you are feeling that you need a little support with making better choices when hunger strikes, you should try our Craving Control supplements. Anyone who has ever tried to make better choices knows all too well how cravings can sabotage the best intentions. Craving Control contains all-natural ingredients that help to calm the craving centers in our brain, balance blood sugar and promotes a positive mood. You can find these here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).