a Brain Warrior, you know you’re in a fight for your health. And that concept
has never been more vital than right now in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Yes, hand sanitizing and social distancing are keys to avoiding the virus, but
that’s not all you can do. As a former ICU nurse and as a cancer survivor, I
know how critical it is to shore up the immune system to strengthen your body’s
natural defenses against infections, such as the coronavirus. Here’s how to do
1. Stay active. It’s more important than ever to keep exercising. It’s been scientifically proven that moderate exercise on a regular basis boosts the immune system and minimizes the risk of illness. It’s also a big mood booster, which we all need right now. Check out my fitness blogs and workout videos for ideas to keep active.
2. Reduce your stress. Too much stress negatively impacts your immune system. One of the best immunity-boosting stress-management techniques is meditation. Learning to meditate is easy. Just watch my meditation videos and follow along.
3. Ditch the alcohol. Drinking too much interferes with the immune system, and according to research, increases your vulnerability to illness, including pneumonia and other infections. Alcohol abuse also decreases your levels of T-cells, which are the body’s natural virus fighters, making it harder to fight off illnesses.
4. Get adequate sleep. Sleep deprivation lowers immune function, so make sleep a priority. This study exposed participants to the common cold virus and found that people who snooze 6 hours or less are 4 times more likely to get a cold than those who slept 7 hours or more. If you need help getting the rest you need, Restful Sleep includes natural ingredients and calming vitamins and minerals to help promote sustained restorative sleep.
5. Power immunity with probiotics. Your gut health is tightly linked to how well your immune system functions. A study found that probiotics support healthy gut bacteria and enhance immune function. To promote gut health, eat fermented foods such as sauerkraut or kimchi, and consider taking ProBrainBiotics.
6. Optimize your vitamin D level. Having a vitamin D deficiency increases your susceptibility for infections, according to this scientific report.What’s troubling is that approximately 75% of Americans have sub-optimal levels of this important immune boosting vitamin. Natural sources of vitamin D include sunshine (about 15 minutes outside can help) and supplementing with a high-quality nutraceutical like Vitamin D3.
7. Eat more mushrooms. A growing body of research shows that some types of mushrooms contain immunostimulating properties. Add some shiitake or reishi mushrooms to soups, stew, or salads.
To strengthen your body’s natural defenses, you can also take advantage of BrainMD’s Immune Boost Bundle, which includes NeuroVite Plus, Vitamin D3, Omega-3 Power, and ProBrainBiotics. Take 21% off when you order through BrainMD. Just enter TANA21 at checkout. Stay healthy!
Get 21% OFF with code TANA21 - for all Brain Warriors!
Finally a protein powder that's sugar free, gluten free, has 22 grams of protein and is only 130 calories!
Memory Powder, Magnesium Chewables, Brain & Body Power Max