The Omni Diet is about abundance not deprivation! It’s a simple, science-based plan that provides both an abundance of illness-fighting nutrients from whole, living plant foods and the perfect proportion of high-quality protein to keep the brain sharp and muscles and organs functioning at peak condition.
The Omni Diet provides the ideal balance of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, fish, and lean meats that give your body everything it needs for peak performance, maximum weight loss, and optimal health. Eating a diet that’s 70 percent plant foods and 30 percent protein (including animal protein) restores energy, slashes the risk of disease, optimizes brain and hormone functioning, produces dramatic weight loss, and makes the body healthy from the inside out.
Here’s how it looks at the table: A huge, raw, multi-colored salad spiked with chunks of avocado and sprinkled with nuts or seeds covers 50 percent of your plate; a lightly cooked plant food such as braised cauliflower with basil sauce fills another 20 percent of your plate, and three to six ounces of lean protein, such as wild salmon, occupies the remaining 30 percent.
The Omni Diet gives you the best of both worlds—plants and protein—so you don’t have to choose between maximum health and dramatic weight loss
The Omni Diet has changed my life and the lives of so many people with whom I have been blessed to connect—and now it can change yours.
The Omni Diet: The Best of Both Worlds
It may seem that extremely high-protein or strictly vegetarian or vegan eating plans would provide extremely good results. But they don’t. Rapid, optimal health gains come from an ideal diet that gives your body the best of protein and the best of plant foods. We are omnivores, and we weren’t meant to follow extremes and fad plans that eliminate entire categories of nutritious food that have been the natural, historical sustenance for humans throughout history.
I am living proof that your health history, present diagnosis, and genetics don’t have to be your destiny. My genetics and my health history say that I should be obese, diabetic, and suffering from the effects of chronic cancer and multiple health issues. But I’m not! The Omni Diet hands thousands of us back our optimism and optimal health.
I explain more about the Omni Diet in the program section of the book. And I provide some easy-to-prepare, mouthwatering recipes using Omni Diet foods. I have created over 300 recipes using delicious, nutritious foods that serve your body. For now, here’s a preview of what kinds of foods you’ll be eating as you incorporate the Omni Diet into your life:
- Fresh vegetables of all kinds, except white potatoes (and night shades for some of you)
- Moderate amounts of fruit, especially strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- Lean meat, poultry, and seafood—naturally raised
- Raw, unsalted seeds and nuts. I recommend raw nuts and seeds, because roasting nuts and seeds oxidizes their oils and robs them of their health benefits.
- Healthy oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, macadamia-nut oil, and olive oil
- Fresh and dried herbs and spices, which provide rich nutritional benefits and fantastic flavor
- Super-foods (such as maca root, goji powder, lacuma, and pomegranate) that magnify health-supporting processes.
- Coconut, coconut butter
- Shiratake noodles